Job DescriptionI am currently looking for a GSS Process Engineer to work for our well established company out of their office in Sunbury.
Global subsea systems (GSS) is responsible for the specification, design, delivery, maintenance and operational support of subsea production systems (SPS) and is the single face to the subsea equipment suppliers.
This role will hold responsibility for the deliver (specification, design, procurement, verification, manufacturing, validation) of all umbilicals and flexibles hardware.
- Provide discipline engineering support for umbilical and flexible deliveries and interfaces with umbilicals and flexibles suppliers for specified Projects.
- Integration and management of interfaces between the umbilicals and flexibles suppliers and project system engineering (EPMS), connection system supplier (SPS), installation contractor (EPIC), logistics contractor and GSS Services team.
- Demonstrate good safe work practices and be proactive in ensuring safe practices at all times including a strong influence role with suppliers.
- Identify Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) risks and communicate as appropriate
- Working with GSS PSCM, manage the supplier selection and award process for umbilicals and flexibles ensuring best value to BP is achieved and contract is placed to meet project schedule requirements.
- Budget management of contracts. Working with Project Services, responsible for accurate cost and schedule forecasting in support of in year quarterly updates (QPCF) and project lifecycle cost estimate updates (MCE
- Read, understand, implement, and reinforce use of Company's Management of Change process and manage any changes to the scope rigorously and in compliance with the project MOC process.
- Technical expertise with umbilicals / flexible pipes
- Familiarity with codes and standards for umbilicals (API 17E) and Flexibles (API 17J)
- Experience with SPS/SURF