Job DescriptionLooking for Instrument Technician (x2) to work for a major Oil and Gas Company in Oman.
Purpose of the job:
To conduct both first line and corrective maintenance and troubleshooting of specialized instrument and control systems. This job includes detailed and independent execution of RCA, trends analytics and working with vendors to optimize reliability and availability of equipment and systems.
- Execute all assigned general control and automation activities (PM & CM) in a safe and operation standard.
- Provide specialist inputs for control and automation equipment applications and problem solving.
- Calibrate, trouble-shoot and analyze field control and automation equipment during abnormal conditions
- Systematically carry out diagnosis of various meters and analysers’ types’ application and operation maintenance (calibration/testing/configuration) and ability to estimate the effect when parameters change.
- Conduct routine maintenance and operation of all pressure, flow, temperature and pressure measuring and controlling instrument equipment
- Maintain and monitor performance of all Alarm and Shutdown Detection devices and equipment
- Test and inspect all control and automation, fire and gas, ASD etc equipment
- Apply Field Change Proposal (FCP) system to improve all general control and automation performance.
- Record all preventive and corrective maintenance findings, breakdowns, feedbacks and improvements in SAP.
- Provide feedback and improvement inputs on Maintenance Craft Procedures and Maintenance Plans to the Maintenance Support Department.
- Provide commissioning assistance and support for rejuvenation or new project(s).
- Deputize as Maintenance Supervisor in the incumbent’s absence
- Evaluate, implement, modify and troubleshoot standard (vs. complex) control system architectures that include field measurement, safety system, third party integration, advanced process control, real time optimization, process control domain security infrastructure, data historian and integration with business applications
- HND/HNC/ONC/OND in Technical Studies or equivalent studies in plant maintenance specifically in instrumentation or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline with a minimum of 10 years of field experience.
- Proven competence in general control and automation equipment.
- Proven safety experience/training regarding sour oil and gas operations and maintenance.
- Familiar with PTW, confined space entry, lock open/lock close valves, operating integrity, H2S/SO2, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Physically able to climb stairs and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment.