Job DescriptionAlliance Manager – Cambridge – Biotech – Permanent
Cellular and gene therapy is being hailed as the next generation of technology to bring therapeutic advancements to a wide variety of diseases. My client, an award winning Biotech Company in the heart of Cambridge is currently seeking the expertise of an Alliance Manager to help drive the company to new heights. This shall be done through promoting their cutting edge and highly unique platform to create and nurture multimillion pound, collaborative partnerships in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Alliance Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Management of external relationships with top-tier partners, striving to exceed partners’ expectations on all deliverables;
- Responsibility for developing, implementing, and maintaining cross-functional project plans for multiple partnerships within the cell therapy area, including direct communication with senior management, and other internal stakeholders;
- Proactively identifying downstream program risks that may delay timelines and mitigating these in good time. explicit recommendations for courses of action to keep program timelines, scope, and cost on track;
- Creating and maintaining specialized reports and other critical tools needed for business planning, strategic planning, long-range financial planning, and portfolio prioritization;
- Functioning as the point of contact for internal team members and for partners, facilitating and documenting alliance communications, escalation and resolution of issues, and partner meetings;
- Communicating deliverables and partners’ related obligations to senior management and ensuring that contractual obligations are met on time and in alignment with company interests;
- Preparing summary information on the progress of the program, timeline updates, and risk/opportunity assessments for periodic presentations with senior management;
- Active involvement in shaping new partnerships in the cell therapy area.
- A degree in the life sciences is required (PhD highly preferred) with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry, with direct experience in project and alliance management
- A scientific background in cell therapy is desirable (open to other therapy areas); MBA a plus
- Experience in managing R&D programs co-developed with business partners in a multidisciplinary project team environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment whilst being a strong team player
- A self-confident individual who strives on sucess with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, essential to work effectively with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to make explicit recommendations for courses of action to keep program timelines, scope, and cost on track.
If you believe you possess the necessary skillset and tenacity to lead these ground-breaking partnerships, please email your CV to Charles.email@example.com