Job DescriptionBusiness Applications Manager – Permanent – Cramlington
Essential:- Graduate or equivalent. At least 5 years experience in IT Business Systems, preferably gained within the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry. A good understanding of cGMP compliance and validation. SAP S/4HANA, Chromeleon and an Electronic Document Management System
The Business Applications Manager is responsible for managing the operational support, maintenance and development activities for business applications. The position combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth, hands-on technical expertise, and is responsible for continuous service improvement.
Business Applications Manager Main Accountabilities
- Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
- Conduct safety audits
- Aware of all health and safety arrangements relating to Business activities and IT systems
- Assess user needs to provide support and proactive service, including analysis of opportunities in order to take advantage of available tools
- Acts as a focal point for communicating related system problems within the department and collaborates with other teams and vendors on changes, fixes and updates
- Manages the release process for applications which includes effective department wide and end user communication
- Manages test scripts and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Negotiates resolution of conflicting requirements across departments
- Manages delivery and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance and enhancement tickets raised by end users for assigned applications
- Develops relevant metrics, measures and publishes the performance of the services provided and enables continuous improvement activities in collaboration with peer groups
- Works closely with all other IT Management in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies
- Ensure department adheres to policies and procedures that are compliant with industry and regulatory policies
- Assists with preparation for budget for IT systems and services, related interfaces and applications
- Keeps abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration in the pharma industry
- Maintains a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives
- Prepares analysis and / or proposals for other departments, when necessary
- Serves as an internal consultant to other IT staff and Operations community as needed
- Will be responsible for building and managing a small team.
- Contributes to the control and advises on IT expenditures.
- Assists in budget preparations, and monitors expenditure within IT and takes action to contain costs as appropriate.
Business Applications Manager required skills, knowledge & Experience
- Graduate or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in IT Business Systems, preferably gained within the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry
- A good understanding of cGMP compliance and validation
The employee must demonstrate the following:
- Attention to detail, improving process efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Organizational skills
- Facilitation and project management skills
- Actively pursue learning and self-development
- Manage competing work priorities and tasks efficiently and effectively
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK