Job DescriptionRole: Pressure Vessels Mechanical Design Engineer
Duration: 22 months
-Knowledge of critical heavy wall and big size pressure vessels for LNG Plants as Molecular
Sieve Driers and Mercury Removal Vessels.
-Knowledge of mechanical design aspects of heavy wall and big size pressure vessels for LNG
Plants and Oil & Gas industry, including specific topics as fatigue analysis considerations, wind/seismic design, internal support devices design (e.g. support grids/beams, wire mesh screens).
-Knowledge of mechanical design aspects of reactors internals as catalyst beds, inert materials beds, adsorbent/absorbent materials beds, outlet collectors, inlet basket devices as Johnson’s Screens (e.g. design considerations on loads and pressure drops).
-Experience and ability to carry out the following EPC Contractor activities:
- Critical review of General Specifications (Client’s / Licensor’s / Others’).
- Preparation of General Specifications.
- Preparation of Mechanical Engineering Drawing.
- Preparation of Material Requisition (Technical Supply Specification).
-Evaluation (TBE) document package.
-Vendor Follow-up, after Purchase Order issue.
-Experience in mechanical calculation of pressure vessels; familiarity with common commercial mechanical calculation software (e.g. PVElite, Compress).
- Experience in review of FEA analyses of pressure equipment (head-to-shell junction, headto skirt junction, internal supports, nozzles).
- Knowledge of the main calculation codes relevant to pressure equipment
Knowledge of Shell DEP specification package relevant to static equipment
At least 3/4 years’ experience in the position
At least 2 lots of heavy wall/big size pressure vessels managed in terms of Engineering, TBE and Vendor Follow-Up activities
At least 1 project regulated by Shell DEP carried out.