Job DescriptionOur client is currently seeking a Maintenance Planner for a contract position (March - November 2020) based in Calgary, AB.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this position will actively assist in the development and execution of various maintenance and integrity assurance philosophies, programs and procedures.
This position is based in the Calgary office, however, occasional site visits will be required.
During the Construction and CSU phase, which are significantly completed, this is an excellent opportunity to build upon expertise and experience to:
- Play a key role in operational integrity assurance by leading the development of maintenance inspection plans and procedures.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to execute maintenance strategies, procedures, workflows, practices and KPI’s with a focus on first in class asset management and culture.
- Ensure that data for the maintenance management CMMS system (SAP) is captured at the engineering stage.
- Lead in the Risk and FMEA analysis for newly added equipment from recent projects resulting in criticality rankings and Maintenance strategies for equipment.
- Lead in the development of equipment PM’s and the scheduling/load leveling of PM activities
- Lead in spares analysis resulting in a spares purchasing and warehousing strategy
- Lead the development of spare parts listings and BOM’s and coordinate data management to achieve excellence in data integrity.
- Lead in SAP data population of both equipment and spare parts master data and overall SAP implementation.
- Work closely with Procurement to develop work scopes for service contract RFQs, evaluate bids and award contracts.
- Participate as required in the development of turnaround equipment PJP’s and planning with a focus on turnaround scheduling and preparedness.
- Play a key role in the startup and first years of operation of the phase 1 Central Processing Facility and Field Facilities
- Establishing a learning culture by providing leadership, mentorship, and learning opportunities to staff and contract maintenance personnel
- Being a leader in developing an integrated, proactive, and progressive culture ensuring that all operational and maintenance activities are carried out in a planned, efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner, complying with all regulatory, health, safety and environmental codes, practices, policies and regulations.
- Establishing Process Safety and Occupational Safety as a priority through leadership in planning and execution strategies and by ensuring that contractor personnel and equipment meet safety and loss control objectives by ensuring that equipment inspections and safety orientations have been completed and that these personnel are aware of all safety policies and training requirements.
- Supporting both day-to-day and turnaround maintenance planning and scheduling activities by identifying repair needs, prioritizing, detailing work, material and outside service requirements, and providing detailed resource estimates and work breakdown structures for required work.
- Inputting to, planning and scheduling of unit outages and major turnaround scopes and assist as required during unplanned equipment or plant outages.
- Developing and monitoring of the day to day schedule and reporting on selected KPI’s with input and support from operations and maintenance team leaders.
- Prioritizing, Planning and Scheduling the work of a multi-disciplined operational team using SAP and GWOS.
- Working closely with maintenance, operations and engineering personnel to set maintenance priorities, resolve execution issues and provide leadership in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Manage notifications and work orders within due dates and maintain accurate backlogs.
- Preparation and assembly of the necessary documentation and drawings required to send equipment off site for repairs and holding vendors to strict reporting guidelines.
- Input, analyze, report, monitor and assist in the management of the PM/PDM process in SAP
- Monitoring and ensuring that a high standard of data integrity is being maintained in SAP inclusive of PM’s, BOM’s, equipment masters, material masters, entry of work order history into notifications and that proper notification & work order coding is maintained.
- Supervise an on-site SAP Data technician and Planning assistant as well as two Calgary based data technicians.
- Interfacing with the Engineering team and the Technical Services group to identify support issues, and to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Implementing effective Preventative Maintenance programs and, where appropriate, move toward Predictive Maintenance
- Periodic auditing of maintenance procedures and practices
Must Have Skills:
- Planning certificates from third party training institutions relating to planning, estimating, scheduling, asset management, RCM, PDM and project or turnaround management
- Any of the following Journeyman Certifications (I.P. Standard), Instrumentation, Electrical, Millwright, Pipefitting, Boilermaking and Welding
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with maintenance CMMS systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with scheduling programs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with SAP is required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a maintenance role within a refinery, gas plant, petrochemical complex or similar environment
- Min. 5 years’ experience with maintenance programs/databases
- Experience with SAP (PM & MM) modules
- Service contract negotiation experience
- Scope building, budgeting and cost control experience
- Familiarity with government regulations, QA/QC requirements and MOC procedures
- Excellent computing skills
- Proven leadership & mentoring skills
- Proven initiative team work and organizational skills
- Proven business sense with strong troubleshooting and decision making abilities
- Excellent teamwork, communication & organizational skills
Nice To Have Skills:
- Any trade related engineering or technical certification
- Interpersonal skills and conflict resolution training
- Dual Certifications are an asset
- A Power engineering certificate would be an asset
- Turnaround planning and scheduling experience a definite asset
- Experience in a maintenance role at a SAGD facility a definite asset