QA/QC Inspector - Rotating Equipment
|Job Title:||QA/QC Inspector - Rotating Equipment|
|Contact Name:||Sally Alexander|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2020 02:49|
NES Global Talent has partnered with international clients in oil and gas to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Rotating Equipment Inspector / QA/QC Coordinator to fulfil a 12 month contract position based in the Surat Basin, Queensland.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the Rotating Equipment Inspector / QA/QC Coordinator is to improve mechanical equipment reliability and availability through development and execution of quality control plans for field maintenance execution and controlling quality of offsite repairs/overhauls Spans across all Rotating Equipment for the Upstream assets:
- Wellsites - Hydraulic Power Units and Pumps
- Facilities - Compressors, Pumps and Motors
- Common Systems - Steam and Gas turbine drive generators
Responsibilities will include though are not limited to:
1. Interface with field and shop maintenance personnel, Rotating Equipment Specialists, Engineering and Turnarounds to develop QA/QC plans for field maintenance execution and offsite repairs/overhauls (e.g. ITPs, quality checklists, repair / overhaul scopes) and embed within job plans
2. Control quality during execution through:
2a. Coordination of and performance of inspections and witnessing activities in accordance with ITP and quality checklist requirements
2b. Ensuring activities are performed according to correct methodology and compliant with specifications, where not, build evidence to support risk-based exception decisions and provide technical support for resolution of identified issues
3. Perform field and shop Quality Audits and ensure compliance
4. Maintain records and compile reports to document the quality control and audit activities undertaken and results
5. Identify improvement opportunities and share learnings and best practice across the asset
Experience will include:
1. Relevant trade qualifications or diploma in an engineering discipline
2. Minimum of 10 years’ oil and gas or petrochemical experience of which a significant portion has been spent in maintenance and reliability of rotating equipment
3. Proven experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of turbo machinery, including electric, engine gas turbine and steam turbine driven rotating equipment
4. Understanding of repair standards, welding procedures and qualifications, and NDT methods required in the inspection, repair and overhaul of rotating equipment
5. Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the asset and maximize results delivery
6. Communicate effectively with management, external bodies, and all levels of employees
7. Record keeping and documenting of performed work or finding
8. Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental performance
9. Good influencing and communication skills with a strong capability to facilitate and impart knowledge
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
The incumbent will be will be based in Surat Basin site locations on a 5/2 Mon - Fri roster. In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's