Controls System Engineer
|Job Title:||Controls System Engineer|
|Salary:||£30 - £40 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Chantelle Cox|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2020 18:24|
NES have an exciting opportunity for Control Systems Engineers to join our engineering teams within our projects group based in Motherwell.
What will you be doing every day?
As a Control Systems Engineer you will:
• Ensure that the project ICSS technical requirements and solutions are fully defined and agreed and implemented;
• Ensure that required ICSS prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule etc.) are in place prior;
• Ensure that the engineered ICSS solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, applicable standards and quality;
• Monitor and control assigned ICSS work scope against the project plan, ensure effective change control and identify risks / opportunities;
• Ensure that work assignments and sub-contracted ICSS work scope are executed to appropriate technical requirements, standards and quality systems;
• Have good communication skills;
• Have very good knowledge of Honeywell ICSS hardware/software platforms (Experion, FSC & Safety Manager) with experience in the following areas:
• ICSS Architectures;
• Functional Design Specification;
• Detailed Design Specification;
• Application Build (Controls Coding, SCADA, Bulk Building, FSC/SM Coding);
• HMI (Graphics, HMIWeb SP, HMI Scripting);
• Communication Interface (Modbus TCP/IP, OPC);
• Networks (Design, Domain Configuration, Firewall Configuration, Switch Configuration;
• Test Procedures;
• Factory Acceptance Testing;
• Site Acceptance Testing;
• Commissioning Support;
• Safety Instrumented System Architectures;
• Current Industry Guidelines/Standards (e.g., IEC 61508/IEC 61511);
• Management of Functional Safety;
• Management of Change;
• Schedule Management.
The ideal candidate must have;
• An engineering degree preferably in Automation and Control or Electrical Engineering, although other engineering degrees will be considered
• Experience in the design and development of distributed control systems and/or SCADA systems.
• Experience dealing directly with customers and project design life cycles
• Ability to produces technical design and verification specifications and provide technical support and expertise for the project team.
• Experience working as a technical interface with 3rd party suppliers to assure correct integration of 3rd party systems or solutions
• Application software and hardware designs experience
• Experience working on the Honeywell portfolio of automation systems solutions would be an advantage but not essential.
• Corporate experience working for industry leading matrix organisation
• Additional languages would be a benefit
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to work within
Please apply for this role via the apply now button or email me.
HONEYWELL CONTROL SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
West Yorkshire, England
£40 - £45 per hour
Production Planning Engineer
Depending on experience
Mechanical Project Engineer
E Riding of Yorkshire, England
£38 - £40 per hour
Instrument Field Engineer
North West England, England
£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus + Car and Benefits
Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer