A new role has come available for an experience Phage Display Team Leader to join the Discovery Biology team of an exciting and well established biotechnology company in the Cambridge area. If you are interested in the opportunity to lead a team and discover new therapeutic biologics using a proprietary technology platform then this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
Phage Display Team Leader Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of drug candidate lead generation efforts including, phage display, affinity maturation, biophysical optimization and other emerging technologies for improving the platform and the generation of therapeutic candidates into clinical development
- Leading and managing the Discovery team to design and execute the strategy of drug candidate discovery and screening across the portfolio in a healthy environment
- Leadership of a small team of molecular biologists whilst independently designing experiments
- Delivery of screened biological drug candidates via phage display selection and affinity maturationP
- reparations of samples for NGS and analysis of data
- Ownership of projects and presenting in departmental and project meetings
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or equivilent experience + 5 years experience in industry
- A high level of lab-based competency in molecular biology, manipulating DNA and creating expression constructs.
- An innovative mind with strong data analysis skills, desire to be involved in driving the growth of the business.
- Experience working in a pharma or biotech setting
- Strong leadership skills, able to plan work for yourself and the team
- An individual who is proactive who can work both collaboratively and independently when required.
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills.
Please call Charles on 01619427163 for more information on rates and applying.