Essential:- Experience in ITIL processes. Service Performance Management. Critical Issues Management. Service Level Management. Experience with implementing and maintaining effective data protection services, including security, backups and disaster recovery. Experience with hybrid environments including on-premises and cloud services. At least 2 years experience of leading an operations management team in a medium or large IT organisation. A good understanding of cGMP compliance and validation.
The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible for providing reliable, high quality IT Services for the business IT systems and infrastructure. To align service delivery with business needs or exceed customer expectations. To lead the IT Service Desk Team to deliver and support a reliable and cost effective service across all supported systems.
IT Infrastructure Manager – Main Accountabilities
• Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
• Conduct safety audits
• Aware of all health and safety arrangements relating to Business activities and IT systems
IT Infrastructure Manager - Operational:
• Manages the day to day operational and Projects tasks with the IT Team
• Manages IT Service Desk staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance
• Overseeing the annual IT budget and ensuring cost effectiveness
• Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software and operating systems
• Coordinating technology installations, upgrades and maintenance
• Selecting a purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary
• Testing, troubleshooting and modifying information systems so they operate effectively
• Generating performance reports for operating systems and Service Desk function
• Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes and regulations
• Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures
• Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practice
• Demonstrating deep technical and strategic understanding of the IT Services and Operations
• Solving complex and diverse problems by continually re-evaluating new and/or conflicting factors
• Responsible for internal and external communications, and for being the primary point of escalation to business issues.
• Assisting with the management of relationships with external organisations and suppliers
IT Infrastructure Manager Key Competencies:
• Drive to deliver results and exceed customer expectations
• Attention to detail, improving process efficiency without sacrificing quality.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to build and maintain productive relationships with customers, subordinates, peers and senior management
• Effective people management skills
• Ability to collaboratively solve complex problems
• Ability to work under pressure
• Facilitation and project management skills
• Actively pursue learning and self development
• Manage competing work priorities and tasks efficiently and effectively
• Proven knowledge and experience of delivering technical support services
- Experience in ITIL processes
- Service Performance Management
- Critical Issues Management
- Service Level Management
- Experience with implementing and maintaining effective data protection services, including security, backups and disaster recovery
- Experience with hybrid environments including on-premises and cloud services.
- Strong stakeholder management skills