Essential:- Exp. working in Oil & Gas Domain (Preferred Upstream / roles such as domain consultant or IT consultant). Exp. in requirement gathering for project design. Good Understanding of Applications Architecture, Data Management & Industry standards practices w.r.t Applications development projects concerning technical & administrative aspects. Exp. with Procure to Pay tools such as Maximo, workflow management tools such as FileNet. Exp. with (SQL, T-SQL MSSQL, PL-SQL Oracle). Good understanding (preferred technical experience) with Data analytics domain, relevant tools, solutions etc. At least Bachelors or Master degree in the field of Computer Science / IT / Management with IT. Experience of Managing up to 10 people
The Applications Manager will be responsible for managing the Applications team, Projects & IT initiatives. Lead & help the Applications team be better at IT Services & Applications Maintenance. Work with multiple 3rd party vendors responsible for managing various Applications.
Working in a fast-changing environment the Applications Manager should be able to take the appropriate Business critical decisions under strenuous situation, help the team resolve day to day issues, lead the team in moment of crisis, guide the team in maintaining proper governance & service quality, keep the team motivated & going, take care of all administrative duties concerning the Applications department.
Applications Manager Key Accountabilities
- Lead the team providing daily directions to support & deliver actively against agreed priorities.
- Lead activities to recover from incidents & completing subsequent problems, incident management & RCA.
- Hold Weekly / on requirement basis meetings to address the issues the team is facing & guide them overcome/resolve such issues.
- Manage 3rd Party Vendors who support & maintain applications.
- Projects Management
- Design projects as per requirements, manage project implementations & related activities, that includes
- Drafting SoRs, Reviewing SoRs
- Accessing project feasibility concerning Applications road map, timelines & available budget
- Approving Proposed projects
- Review & approve Applications related projects
- Monitor end to end deployment of projects / activities to ensure successful completion.
- Application Portfolios
- Primary point of contact for Business users
- Drive the digitization & automation drive for Business users
- Produce & update / approve application roadmap
- Produce budgetary forecast for business case justification & Cost-benefit analysis.
- Monitor & manage contracts & licences
- Design Application team strategies
Applications Manager - Administrative
- Budget management
- Reporting staff’s Timesheet & Expenses approval
- Invoice approvals for projects
- Tracking Value of Work done for the entire Applications team
- Review all the projects & work activities done in the team & submit weekly report to the Leadership Team Meeting.
- Develop & maintain excellent relationships with a very diverse group of stakeholders, including Chinese & Iraqi Joint Venture partners, users, vendors & IT service organizations, communicating effectively with business process owners, key business users & project delivery managers.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Technical Experience working for End to End Application development projects
• AZ-900 certified
• MTA, MCSA or MCSE certified for development & Administration
• PMP or PRINCE2 certified
• ITIL V3 Certified