Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8 to 10 hr days OR 14x7; 10 hr days
Assignment Length: 12 months
Location: Kitimat, BC or FIFO from a BC or AB hub with camp while on site
Start Date: April 1, 2020 – April 1, 2021
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor.
Reporting to the Environment Lead, the Environmental Advisor is responsible for the successful implementation of the Environmental Management System. The Environmental Advisor provides environmental (terrestrial and marine) technical support to the Owner’s project team, including but not limited to the following:
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Support a safety-first culture in the project supporting Owner’s journey to be the Safest Project on Earth
- Undertake assurance activities on project construction activities to ensure that they meet the regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to provide technical support on project construction scopes
- Undertake report writing as required
- Provide timely reviews of work method statements, procedures, management plans and environmental work plans
- Facilitate regulatory inspections and audits as required
- Review environmental incident reports and follow up on corrective actions
- Liaise with Environmental Monitors to confirm compliance with project environmental commitments.
- Minimum of 4-year Degree related to Science or Engineering field or similar technical background with increased experience
- Experience on large oil and gas construction projects and/or operations or similar
- Experience in terrestrial, dredging and marine infrastructure construction
- Working knowledge of compliance management system design, implementation, assurance and continual improvement.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements in British Columbia, in particular related to project development and construction
- Proficient in Microsoft systems including Microsoft Word and Excel