Duration: 12 months
Flexible Work Options: Yes
Purpose & Accountabilities:
The Well Engineer’s primary role is the detailed design, planning, preparation, execution and evaluation of oil and gas wells for onshore and offshore oil and gas opportunities. The Well Engineer will be a member of the Wells Department and work within one or several multi-disciplinary project teams comprising Well Engineering, Well Intervention, Geosciences, Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Technologists, Front End Engineering, Projects, Process Engineering and Production Operations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Develop and optimize conceptual and detailed well designs for new and existing oil and gas wells.
- Identify, select and specify well equipment.
- Ensure appropriate company standards are applied during design, planning and execution.
- Develop drilling operational programs.
- Conduct Drill Well On Paper events and ensure programs are compliant with regulatory requirements and reviewed by Well Examiners.
- Support execution of drilling operations, including 24/7 support during rig operations.
- Deliver towards incident free (Goal Zero), best-in-class well performance.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to meet the business plan including HSSE, cycle time, cost and production targets.
- Deliver top performance through best practice sharing, delivery of performance improvement plans, new technology staircases and other performance improvement initiatives.
HSSE Critical Position – No
Technical Authority – No
HSSE Critical Leader – No
Frontline Barrier manager – No
Number of direct reports: None
Location: Office based
Well environment: Onshore and offshore
High H2S: Yes
High regulatory requirements: Yes
JV exposure: Yes
Artificial lift: Yes
Stimulations (incl. fracturing): Yes
Skills & Requirements:
Master degree in an engineering discipline.
Bachelor degree acceptable with relevant experience.
Minimum 8 -10 years relevant experience, including front end well design (incl. exploration), detailed design and operations.
Round 2 certification/diploma
IWCF: not required.
Well Engineering design software skills, including WellCat, torque, drag and hydraulics analysis.
Candidate will ideally have previous supervisory experience at any level either in an offshore or onshore environment.