Duration: 12 months
The Well Site Leader is responsible for leading all activities, HSSE, operations, and logistics at the well site for all well construction activities including drilling, completion and workovers. Although the work is primarily at the well site, some time may be required in the office.
- Ensure site safety and environment management systems are implemented as designed and are consistent with internal policies and standards.
- Establish a leadership culture — setting priorities and ensuring they are agreed to and understood.
- Manage well operations planning and execution, assuring the plan is fully understood and effectively communicated to the onsite contractor representatives.
- Provide leadership and management of task level self-verification (SV) and Contractor oversight (OS) checks at the wellsite.
- Verify awareness, understanding and conformance to both Well Control and SMS bridging documents with the well site teams.
- Recognize and intervene, stop work if required, and assess risk in the event of program changes, or changes to risk mitigation barriers (procedural or physical).
- Lead a team of contract workers, assuring procedural discipline is followed and key contractor personnel have the competencies to do their role.
- Provide input in well programmes and procedures with the engineering team for safe and efficient execution
- Performance optimisation supporting the continuous improvement cycle, including capturing and sharing lessons effectively.
- Control operational costs; actively pursue cost saving and innovative solutions for well work operations.
- Prepare and submit the daily drilling reports (DDR), including accurate NPT coding
- Leads daily meetings and calls with the onshore and offshore teams, effectively communicate on operational progress, risks and forward plans.
- Planning, coordination and prioritization of materials and logistic operations to and from the well site.
- Experience in a well site leadership position with an operator or contractor.
- Experience with managing safety and operational risks in well operations.
- Well Control certificate (Combined Subsea/Surface Supervisor level), IWCF or equivalent.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office 360 suite.
- Eligible to work offshore UK.
- Candidate is required to complete a WSL assessment
- Engineering degree
- Knowledge of Landmark’s Drilling Software (Open Wells)
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in leading teams
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.