£46,000 - £50,000
My client is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in Runcorn.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be reporting into one of the Engineering Team Leaders, supporting the development of safe and effective products through the application of best practice engineering, Design Control and Safety Risk Management.
- Supporting the engineering design and development of drug delivery devices at various stages of development, from research, through verification and validation, and into life-cycle management.
- Ensure that products for which you are responsible are:
- Engineered to be reliable and robust, through the application of appropriate design, analysis and testing.
- Verified by the provision of suitable objective evidence.
- Documented in compliance with Quality Management System.
- Lead or support Safety Risk Management activities
- Including Hazards identification, analyzing and evaluating risk, conducting design and process FMEA.
- Lead or support technical design reviews to assess robustness and safety and documentation quality compliance.
- Lead or support investigations to identify root causes of device issues, e.g. Fault Tree Analysis, Design of Experiments.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of departmental processes, including supporting development of Standard Operating Procedures, guidelines and templates, introduction of new software tools etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in the design, manufacture and life-cycle management
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence on engineering tasks, with only limited support or guidance required.
- Previous Training in Design Controls
- Familiarity with statistical methods, for example for the determination of design input requirements, verification and validation testing.
- Excellent 3D spatial awareness and visualisation of concepts, mechanisms and assemblies
- Knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD (preferred).
- Ability to influence and educate. Confident in own judgement.
- Analytical engineering assessment of mechanisms and systems, building understanding from a “first principles” basis.
- Can effectively cope with change, coping with risk and uncertainty while comfortably adapting to changing conditions.
- Good verbal and written communication including high quality engineering documentation.
- Graduate in Engineering, Scientific or other Technical discipline