Job DescriptionOur client is currently seeking a Maintenance Specialist Systems for a one-year site based contract near Fort McMurray, AB.
Maintenance Systems Specialist
Maintenance Systems Specialist should have a good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), able to perform all materials functions to ensure that equipment and spare parts comply with the defined standards and Regulatory requirements and meet planned maintenance needs. This Specialist will often work in a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) such as SAP or International Production Enterprise System (SAP outside N. America for production) (IPES). This Specialist may have the responsibility to execute contract administration processes and coordinate interfaces post contract award. Typical Job Positions may include: Materials Specialist, IPES Specialist, Global Enterprise Management System (GEMS) Specialist, STRIPES (SAP System for Downstream) Specialist, Contract Administration Specialist
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the achievement of operations having a sustained reliability that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and eliminate potential safety, health and environmental incidents.
- Maintain communications and interface with appropriate Operation, Maintenance and Logistics organizations
- Adhere to the relevant company Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS) / Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS) Systems and procedures and contribute to their review and improvement.
- Support Field Maintenance Unit personnel, and provide guidance regarding Procurement processes. Maintain central contract files.
- Act as a liaison between Field Unit and Procurement to ensure contracts and contractors are available to provide goods and services Work closely with Procurement for contract renewal, contract award, contract resolutions and contract follow-up action items.
- Help to develop contract work scope, based on provided information from Operations Function owners, Maintenance personnel. Technical pre-qualifications and assessments for new contracts.
- In particular have in-depth knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Mgt. System, proficient at entering and extracting data in support of site maintenance needs.
- Order materials and replacement parts. Document transactions and maintain inventory files. Process invoices and coordinate payments.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 High School Education
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Technical certification as Red Seal Journey Person Electrician or electrical technologist.
- Experience with electrical heat trace equipment including control, communications & HMI functions.
- Expert knowledge of Maintenance processes and oil sands maintenance programs
- Familiarity with heavy industry planning, scheduling and execution concepts
- Thorough working knowledge of Maintenance and Reliability practices
- Continuous improvement skills and commitment to best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communication and influencing
- Ability to work 11x9 Fly In Fly Out roster from either Calgary or Edmonton