- Working in an Agile environment, lead coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes
- Work with other front end developers to define best practices and processes around user interface development
- Collaboration with US, near-shore, and offshore based team members to deliver software solutions
- Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements using the technology selected for the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience is preferred
- 5+ years of professional software experience with a concentration in front end design and development frameworks (Angular, Node or similar)
- May have prior work experience in an Lean/Agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to continuous integration (CI)
- Experience working Agile environment
- Understanding of backend systems and how to integrate with online services
- Understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests. Must be comfortable working in a team environment.
- Experience with back end development technologies and willingness to learn and develop those skills as needed (Java, Springboot, RestAPIs)
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in The Woodlands, TX.
- Full-stack experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in Agile environment
- Hands-on experience working with Angular, Java, Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
- Operates with general understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development cycle and a working knowledge of responsive design concepts and frameworks
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team
- Displays understanding of the projects value proposition for the customer. Shows commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
- Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
- Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
- Accepts that not every problem is well defined nor are the solutions. Will engage with the engineering team to understand workflows and expected outcomes to better understand the problem before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present.
- Makes transitions to the new and different. Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to the need and seeks info from other sources.
- Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks.