Our client, a major Oil and Gas operator, has an opportunity for qualified Pounder Operators for seasonal operations beginning April 2020. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the successful candidates will assist with all aspects of plant operations.
- Ensure safe work practices and adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Production of emulsified asphalt; this includes preparing raw materials, milling, and performing quality control checks.
- Terminalling of the asphalt, as well as other products as delegated by the Plant Manager.
- Loading of finished products and unloading of raw materials.
- Accurately complete inventory and shipping documentation.
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- 1 years of previous experience in an industrial/operator capacity
- Grade 12 High School Diploma
- Demonstrated understanding of basic HS&E principles
- A strong mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting skills.
- Basic computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- 4th Class Steam Ticket or other related post-secondary training is considered an asset
- Previous experience in a manufacturing plant environment is considered an asset