Job DescriptionAker Solutions is a leading global oil & gas services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field developments.
Our Business very much depends on our people; all our major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve our customers’ needs.
Aker Solutions based in Aberdeen, have excellent opportunities for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans.
We are currently looking for a Senior Instrumentation Engineer with Brownfield experience (focused on offshore operations and maintenance support scopes) to join the Project Team in our AIBP office. Experience covering the wide range of control systems and field instruments will be preferred.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- To carry out professional engineering, procurement, construction, installation and completion activities in a competent and efficient manner whilst ensuring that the technical and safety integrity of engineering being performed is maintained at all times
- Liaise with client project and facilities engineering in the execution of the modifications project scopes of work
- Accountable for the effective administration and implementation of Management of Change
- Preparation of CTR's and man-hour estimates via the Aker Integrated Management System (AKIMS) where applicable, along with Project Deliverable generated in the system and weekly reports
- Input into the planning, co-ordination and execution of the groups work activities
- Liaise with other disciplines on design, construction, fabrication and commissioning issues
- Provide engineering and technical direction for drawing office personnel, along with review, check and approve work
- Deputise for the Lead engineer i.e. provision of holiday, sickness cover when required or as delegated by the Lead Engineer
- Experience in Brownfield topside design
- Experience in Brownfield Modifications and Maintenance projects
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Chartered Engineer (preferred)
- FS Eng (TÜV Rheinland) (preferred)
- BEng/BSc Degree
- Minimum of 8 years engineering design experience in the offshore oil & gas industry