Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 1yr Contract
The Piping Stress Engineer utilizes discipline knowledge and experience of engineering principles, procedures, and materials to ensure the engineering design is properly translated into specifications, drawings, datasheets, and purchase orders. As Piping Stress Engineer, you are responsible for identifying innovative methods to carry out assigned tasks ensuring all required material is functional and accounted for within a design and in compliance with international codes, Company specifications, and industry standards and regulations.
- University Graduate Engineer Degree
- 8 years relevant experience.
- Excellent technical know-how and overview throughout his discipline.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent with experience on offshore facilities. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision. Effective communication of ideas and requirements in a clear and concise manner is considered important.
- Experienced in conducting stress analyses using Caesar II or similar analysis software.
- Knowledge of appropriate national and international codes and standards such as ASME, API, DNV, ABS Guides, BS and UKOOA.
Experienced in the following activities:
- Conducting stress analyses
- Reviewing general arrangements and isometrics
- Use of nomographs and other approximate techniques
- Producing calculations
- Design of pipe supports
- Local stress checks
- Flange Leakage checks.
- Assessment of loads on equipment
- Navigating PDMS or similar 3D Cad systems.
- Competent in the use of Caesar II or similar analysis software.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications including
- Word and Excel.