Job DescriptionRotating Engineer - Mixed FEED Cracker Package - Global Operator
Are you looking to work with a Global Operator?
Are you looking for contract opportunity working with leading EPC Offices out of the Netherlands then seeing the project to site?
Do you have experience as Rotating Engineer on Refinery projects?
If so, please read on...
The new grassroots Mixed Feed Cracker (MFC) for producing ethylene, to be located in Jubail Industrial City in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the project shall be designed to produce 1500 kta of polymer grade ethylene product based on 8,400 operating hours per year.
The Service will be located in the offices of FEED Contractor of MFC Packages.
- Provide technical support to the Project/MFC Package for rotating equipment
- Assure the correct application of PROJECT specifications in conjunction with PROJECT Engineering Core Team.
- Review and approves FEED Contractor documentation and work on rotating equipment issues.
- Review the requisitions by focusing his attention on the most critical equipments, according to the complexity of the machines, but also by including the risks linked to the Project itself, sourcing in particular.
- Special attention to will be brought to Long Lead Items,
- Review and approval of rotating equipment duty specifications for the Project. Also technical support relating to the obtaining of budget quotes of all pumps, compressors, blowers, fans and mechanical issues on motors,
- Challenge the rotating equipment selection on the Project in order to meet Project Standards but with a strong focus on cost effectiveness of the installations. The designee will participate in the review of these budget quotes in order to advise the Project estimator on the completeness and accuracy of the budget quotes.
- Review existing Rotating Equipment duty specifications
- Ensure that Project specifications are applied and implemented by the FEED Contractor, however when needed assist FEED contractor in the preparation of deviations requests and obtain the necessary validation of deviation requests via the Project Engineering Manager.
- Provide rotating equipment technical support and review of Engineering technical documentation (datasheet, P&ID, MSD, etc.), Request for Quotes, and bid evaluations.
- Analyze TBT in detail and attend Vendor bid clarification meetings to provide refinery technical support of rotating equipment
- Interpret conflicts between PROJECT Standards and equipment offerings.
- Assist Project Managers in deviation requests, vendor recommendations and equipment selection.
- Monitor FEED study progress for the rotating machine discipline and advise - MFC Package - Engineering Manager on possible resolutions
- Provide input for Rotating Machines to Technical Queries issued from FEED Contractor
- Good skills in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Good experience with refinery/petrochemical rotating equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with API standards associated with rotating equipment.
- Experienced in reading and understanding P&ID's, technical specifications, and mechanical engineering techniques and procedures.
- Working knowledge of associated piping and instrument systems, electric motors, machining techniques, and heat transfer methods.
Location of the service
The services will take place in the FEED offices in Hague
If you have any other requirements or would like to apply for the position - please send updated copy of your CV to NES GT