Aker Solutions' Brownfield Project Controls Team require a Senior Estimator to join the team based in our client office in Aberdeen.
Aker Solutions' CNRI E&C contract team is responsible for the engineering and construction delivery for CNRI's North Sea Assets. The successful individual will work within the project team to support successful execution of the client delivery expectations. The individual will also be given opportunities to support estimating activity within the wider Aker Solutions portfolio.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The provision of an estimating service covering modifications to existing North Sea production facilities and new builds
- Preparation of top down, screening estimated and detail Level 3 & 4 estimates consistent with scope definition and in accordance with estimating procedures and guidelines, and the Company Risk Management system
- Preparation of estimates for Management of Change, and inputting to and maintaining the Change Request Register within AKIMS.
- Update AKIMS with estimate submissions and approvals
- Liaison with Project Engineering and Discipline Engineers to ensure the necessary take-off information is made available at the right time to prepare the project estimates
- The provision of estimating advice to senior projects personnel when carrying out comparative studies
- Liaise with other team members, including procurement, planning and contract administration in the pursuit of effective cost control
- Preparation of Project Controls CTR if required
- Providing feedback on norms for Engineering and Construction and prices for Materials and SubContractors.
- Assist with the development of the estimating systems and proposing improvements to procedures to meet current and future needs.
- Input to maintaining processes within the Company Management System
- Demonstratable experience in North Sea or other Oil & Gas Estimating
- Highly Numerate
- Commercial awareness
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to communication well with Leads / Principals and other team members
- QS or other professional qualifications, HNC/HND (preferred)
- Member of Association of Cost Engineers (preferred)