Job DescriptionRole: Laboratory Superintendent
Duration: 12 months
Laboratory Superintendency Services
Our client, a Global Operator, is looking for the provision of Laboratory Superintendent to support its Laboratory division within its Production team.
• Plan, develop and execute the laboratory management system and safe operations of the laboratory.
• Support implementation of LNG Sales Agreements relevant to quality aspects.
• Ensure the quality system requirements are met to maintain and improve the ISO accreditations.
• Plan and control budget and costs related to laboratory.
• Ensure the availability of resources, highlight constraints and mitigate risks for smooth functioning of laboratory.
• Develop and implement necessary training methodology to the laboratory staff and validate their competence.
• Supervise the team (4 positions; 8 persons).
Technical support on all aspects of Laboratory matters, and provision of expert technical advice, including but not limited to, on the following subjects:
• Lead the recruitment of the Laboratory personnel.
• Support and input into the Laboratory layout and design.
• Review all laboratory related deliverables issued by the EPC Contractor, and its subcontractors and vendors.
• Identify all required laboratory equipment, materials, chemicals, consumables, etc…, not supplied by the EPC Contractor, then initiate and follow-up their procurement.
• Develop a full analytical schedule of analysis for the facility.
• Develop and implement the required laboratory contracts (equipment maintenance, analytical services, LIMS, etc).
• Provide a full chemical list and input into storage requirements.
• Support requirements activities for Laboratory personnel.
• Provide review of all sample points and locations
• Control and monitor laboratory practices to ensure that the implementation is in accordance to the determined standards, policies, objectives, budgets, and schedules.
• Ensure availability of laboratory equipment, chemicals, etc. for smooth functioning.
• Provide laboratory activities guidance.
• Ensure compliance to ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality System and ISO 14001 Environment Management System requirements and other management initiatives with aim to improve continually.
• Ensure proper recording of laboratory results.
• Care to hold secure any information and documentation which has been classified as confidential. This includes business plans, financial information, inventions, designs, plans, processes, machinery and apparatus used and experiments or trials.
• Approve certificates of quality for the LNG shipments.
• Monitor the cargoes LNG quality and highlight deviations to Commercial & Shipping.
• Assists the Production team for stable plant operation, supports process Quality/Environment/Corrosion monitoring, troubleshooting, studies, simulations, investigations and advice for improvement.
• Control, monitor, and perform reporting for laboratory activities to ensure that the management and the necessary authorities are well informed regarding the laboratory activities, within the determined timeline.
• Develop necessary reports based on the determined report standards to ensure that management are informed accurately of the laboratory activities.
• Motivate, develop and evaluate subordinates to ensure they have the knowledge, expertise, behaviour and competency which is in accordance with requirement and able to support the achievement of target.
• Develop and implement laboratory specific training methodology to fill the gaps, ensure the effectiveness of the training and continuous improvement of laboratory staff competence.
• Prepare short term and long term strategies and request adequate resources to implement them.
• Adhere to HSE and other policies, confidentiality, compliance needs and procedures.
• Ensure HSE competence to work on the plant and Laboratory.
• Develop and implement the HSE Laboratory Management System.
• Work safely without any LTI, with contribution towards continual improvement.
• Attend mandatory HSE trainings.
• Support to maintain and continually improve ISO 14001 Environment Management System requirements. DELIVERABLES
• The analytical schedule of analysis for the facility,Laboratory contracts,
• Reports based on the determined report standards to ensure that management are informed accurately of the laboratory activities.
• Daily, weekly and monthly Progress Reports
• Final Report
• Bachelor degree in chemistry
• Experience: 10 years in oil & gas industry with at least 5 years in an LNG plant (supervising role) in a laboratory multi-cultural environment.
• Expertise in ISO 17025 system & applications
• Expertise in LNG process, LIMS application,
• Experience on the test methods and equipment used in an LNG plant laboratory.
• Experience with ISO 17025 system & applications.
• Experience with LNG process knowledge and analytical skills to guide and advice production team.
• Experience with various computer applications and LIMS and broad overview of other relevant applications.
• Experience with Development and implementation of training programs to improve laboratory staff competence.
• Effective Budget preparation and management.