Job DescriptionNES Global Talent has partnered with international clients in oil and gas to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Technical Trainer & Assessor - Oil and Gas Operations to fulfil a 12 month contract position based in Queensland.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the Technical Trainer & Assessor - Oil and Gas Operations is to provide is to provide effective and efficient field training and competency assurance assessing to the upstream Operations teams. The incumbent will report directly to the Upstream Learning Advisor under the leadership of the OD &Learning Manager Australia. Their peers include other Trainers and assessors and support staff within the Learning Australia Team. This role has no direct/indirect reports.
Responsibilities will include though are not limited to:
- Conduct Operational FLBM and Business safety critical task assessments to the upstream operation teams
- Liaise and schedule with the field Leadership teams to coordinate field training and assessment tasks. Liaise with Chinchilla Training Coordinator regarding storage of training and assessment records to successfully track competency progress.
- Provide input into the Competency Assurance Management System, which will include the tracking and reporting of all training and assessment activities for operations personnel
- Prepare, validate and review assessment instruments
- Proactively support pastoral care of employees through the training and assessment process
- Development of pre-course/assessment materials as required
- Skills Currency – As required under AQTF the person is required to maintain currency of skills.
Experience will include:
- Certificate III or above in Process Plant Operation
- Extensive Oil and Gas Industry knowledge and operational experience in your discipline area. Coal Seam Gas experience will be a distinct advantage
- Previous experience within a training and assessment role in the Oil and Gas Industry as a process plant, wellsite or mechanical trainer assessor Knowledge
- Certificate III or above in Process Plant Operations
- Detailed knowledge of the upstream Oil and Gas Industry – production, process plant and equipment and maintenance
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent industry assessment experience
- Current Trade Qualification in your discipline area
- The ability to develop stimulating learning environments by using a variety of styles, techniques and approaches to present subject matter and practical techniques
- Knowledge of the framework of Acts, Regulations, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and Licensed Occupations within your discipline
- Create effective learning options to meet the varying needs of employees
- Well-developed written communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail with proven ability to effectively prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- An effective team player with the ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Professionalism, enthusiasm
The incumbent will be required to travel to sites in the Surat basin. Local candidates are the preferred option on a a 5/2 roster preferred, 10/4 could be available to suitable applicants outside of the local region.
Along with this your professionalism and leadership qualities will enable effective communication with the team ensuring cohesion and commitment to organizational processes and safe work practices.
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’. For a confidential discussion please contact email@example.com or call 0448 185 808