A leading Client based in Oman is currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to be based in Muscat Oman. The client is a international contracting company who works across the oil and gas and power sector amongst other areas. The role will report direct to the Senior Project Manager.
To lead the mechanical team in preparation, review and approval of Design and detail engineering, review of specifications, calculations, contract documents as applicable to Projects and Proposals. Ensuring deliverables with required engineering details that meet International Standards, Organization Standards and Customer Standards as applicable. This role will lead the Mechanical team across package, static and Rotating equipment
- Lead Preparation of Material specification and Design basis based on the applicable specification/Codes.
- Guide engineers on design criteria and technical information.
- Preparation of Mechanical Design Calculation in compliance with the Datasheet/Specifications/Codes for ongoing projects and proposals for s documentation etc., to ensure materials are received in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Liaison with Clients, Authorized Inspector for Calculation & drawing approvals.
- Participate in internal & external audits and co-ordination with Authorized Inspector for designs Changes.
- Prepare forecast man-hour details for project/proposal.
- Co-ordinate and control the Vendor and 3rd party engineering contractors and review their engineering deliverables.
- A minimum of 15 years experience within Mechanical Engineering covering package, Static, and rotating equipment
- Should have experience of oil and gas project at Detailed engineering phase
- Should have worked onshore oil and gas facilities.
- Experience working to Shell standards would be beneficial as well as previous middle east experience
- Working for a leading international contractor
- To be based in Muscat
- Lucrative monthly rate on offer plus mob/demob flight and annual flight home
- 18 months + work available