Job DescriptionJOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the timely design, preparation and implementation of all Well Operations programs both offshore and onshore. The scope includes monitoring, evaluating, designing and executing engineering activities including reservoir surveillance, production testing, well integrity diagnostics, preventative maintenance, reservoir stimulation, scale removal, water and gas shut-off and numerous other key activities required during the life cycle of a well. The Well Engineer will work closely with all engineers within the Well Operations team to provide operational and technical support to the field or wells assigned, including rig based activity when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in an Engineering Discipline, ideally Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience and knowledge of Well Engineering functions, with experience in offshore work related activities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of well operational aspects including completions, workover, well intervention (slick wireline operations, logging, fishing, CTU operation), etc.
- Good knowledge in production operations, well testing and reservoir engineering.
- Computing skills including MS Office, Well Intervention modelling software.
- Leadership and safety training.
- Good English technical writing.
- Basic Safety Training
- Offshore Survival certificate (preferred)
- IWCF Well Intervention certification (preferred).
- Membership of Leading Petroleum/Drilling Societies an advantage.