Job DescriptionRole: SURF Engineering Manager
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 12 months +
The SURF Engineering Manager is responsible for the engineering activities of the SURF system (Subsea Umbilical, Riser and flowline system) during the whole project execution duration from detailed engineering phase to the offshore installation phase and in compliance with the Project objectives related to Safety, Environment, Quality, Cost and Planning.
- Manage all SURF Systems Detailed Engineering / Qualification / Manufacturing / Fabrication / Construction / Installation / Pre-Commissioning activities performed by Contractor
- Coordinate a team of technical leads (riser, flowline, umbilical, installation and flow assurance) to solve technical issues that may rise during all SURF activities of the Project
- Ensure the prompt and efficient dispatch, review and approval of all Detailed Engineering / Qualification / Manufacturing / Fabrication / Construction / Installation / Pre-Commissioning documents issued by SURF Contractor, in due time, ensuring the adequate level of priority is given
- Ensure coherence of the SURF systems and manage interfaces with other Package Managers of the Project (Topsides, SPS Construction and Operation)
- Responsible to coordinate and validate the technical responses to all SURF technical queries between external entities/Contractors
- Ensure that Engineering activities are performed in line with Contract requirement and Project Specifications, all within project schedule and budget
- Ensure that Engineering activities are performed in line with General Specifications and that proper derogations are issued, if required
- Keep the Project Manager informed about any deviation, technical risk or concern impacting the overall project execution plan on technical, planning or cost issues related to SURF.
- Ensure that design and qualification outcomes/ constraints are adequately considered in due time for Procurement, Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning, and vice/ versa
- Ensure that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
- Get and coordinate assistance from specialists, or third parties, if required, for specific topics
- Ensure feedbacks from industry and other operated Deepwater assets are available and ac-counted for in the design
- Participate in various technical reviews (Hazids, Hazops, Project Technical Reviews, Risk Assessments …), and ensure implementation of recommendations as necessary
- Participate to interface meeting and liaise with Interface manager to manage the project interfaces
- Liaise with Project HSE, QAQC, Field Operations, Commissioning Manager, etc, to ensure that the plant is designed to be safe, operable and maintainable
- Assist QA/QC leader for all quality issues related to engineering
- Follow up engineering issues during fabrication, testing and installation activities. Participate to trouble shooting.
- Monitor Contractor performance against engineering aspects of the Contract and to assist the Project Manager / PCM in management of associated Change Order Requests
- To initiate and attend all SURF engineering meetings, routine and subject specific, to pursuit Contractor’s resolution and close-out of documents.