Job DescriptionJob Title: Business Continuity Management (BCM) Specialist Work
Start/End Dates: 3/24/2020 - 9/24/2020
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Business Continuity Management Specialist for a 6-month contract in Edmonton, Alberta.
The BCM Specialist ensures the Business Continuity Management (BCM) governance framework is consistent with general regulatory requirements and industry best practices/standards is developed, maintained and adhered to across the Business Unit. The BCM Specialist also ensures that an auditable governance framework, consistent with general regulatory requirements for BCM across functions in which the Pipeline operates, is developed, maintained, and adhered to across the Business Unit, so that the Business Unit is appropriately prepared for, and can respond to unexpected disruptions to normal activities.
- Member of the Emergency Management team within Liquid Pipeline Business Unit
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Business Unit business continuity management program including: development of tools and instructional guides
- Continuity planning and event management, development and facilitation of event exercises, relationship management with external vendors, development of policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the program remains current, and incorporates/aligns with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
- Supports and/or leads processes that support BCM governance requirements as part of the enterprise operational risk framework (as assigned).
- Ensures appropriate integration of requirements and information obtained from various sources; including external regulators and Shareholder Auditors for all jurisdictions.
- Participates as independent business continuity professional in support of various other initiatives to achieve the risk management objectives.
- Subject matter expert for business
The best candidate for this role will have an in-depth understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of Pipeline operations, including IT practices.
- Business Continuity Management practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of international BCM standards promoted by BCI and DR. and ISO
- A strong understanding of Operational risk and resilience, Business Process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices (COCO, COSO, ISO, ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.),
- Solid knowledge of IT
- Solid understanding of the Operational Risk Management methodology and CSA related requirements.
- 7+ years breadth of exposure to Pipelines operations and technology environment and/or Business Continuity Management industry.
- Reasonable depth of exposure/understanding of Business Continuity Management processes and best practices.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Highly developed relationship management, influencing and leadership skills.