Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a Materials Management Advisor II, located in Cold Lake, AB for an 8 month contract, with potential of extension. The shift is 4 days on / 3 days off. Candidates must be local to the area or willing to relocate.
The Materials Management Engineer (MME) supports or leads the implementation of project materials purchasing and management. This may include maintaining responsibility and/or oversight for planning materials management strategies, purchasing, expediting, inspection, logistics, customs, as well as overseeing field materials management (transport, receipt, storage, maintenance, allocation, issuing, and scrap/surplus disposal) when assigned to a fabrication yard or construction site.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports development and document development with project team for and purchasing sections
• Leads, or advises on, implementation planning and initiation of project specific processes and practices for purchasing, expediting, inspection, logistics, and importation activities
• Develops and implements Surplus Disposition Plan for any EM owned surplus/scrap, engaging Investment Recovery group as necessary Ensures proper execution of Preservation Plan Ensures timely handover of special tools, capital, and 2 year operating spares and any equipment first fill requirements Reviews, endorses and oversees implementation of plans, procedures and processes
• Reviews purchase orders and/or purchase order template to ensure proper flow down of prime contracts • Oversees, or advises on, interfaces associated with execution of all areas of activities in compliance with all project requirements
• Communicates to PT and leadership on activities, progress and issues including timely schedule and cost status and impacts
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ Years’ experience in Materials Management
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
• Broad understanding of project execution and materials management principles, theories, and concepts • Willing to business travel or relocate to project sites (domestic / overseas)
• Management experience on major project preferred