Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for a FIFO role in Fort McMurray.
Reporting to the Kearl Asset Engineering Supervisor, the EHT Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects related to design, maintenance & operation of Electric Heat Trace. Acting as primary technical owner of all EHT equipment, the EHT engineer will be accountable for freeze prevention by maintaining high overall system reliability & availability.
- Acting as Owner's Engineer, provide oversight and final approval for all engineered deliverables related to EHT, including EHT isometric drawings, panel schedules, hold-temperature and alarm setpoints, design standards, etc. Evaluate existing EHT designs and provide recommendations and identify deficiencies
- Review engineering packages completed by external engineering resources to ensure all aspects meet the intended scope, designs comply with owner's engineering standards, and are ready to release for planning, procurement and execution
- Act as document owner for EHT drawings and related documentation. Verification of accurate redlines, submission of redlines for backdrafting, check-print verification of backdrafted drawings, and upload of completed documents to document repository
- Perform alarm rationalizations, approve any changes to hold-temperature and alarm setpoints using appropriate change management process
- Responsible for all aspects of EHT preventative maintenance program. Review data from maintenance and test records. Update existing equipment maintenance strategies, develop new strategies, or adjust maintenance intervals as required. Conduct annual program review to analyze maintenance expenditures, equipment reliability KPI's and overall program health
- Develop annual lifecycle management plan to identify emerging equipment obsolescence issues and ensure adequate sparing strategies are in place
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical)
- Minimum 5 years of EHT design experience. Further experience with installation, maintenance & operation of EHT systems is an asset