Job DescriptionA very attractive position has arisen for a driven and pragmatic EHS engineer at a worldwide healthcare company within easy commute of Cambridge and Norwich.
Working in the pharmaceutical industry this role will primarily focus on supporting capital projects within the manufacturing/engineering sector.
This role is offered on a contract basis and is in scope of IR35
You will work alongside a team of project engineers/managers while reporting to the senior project manager.
Projects will be varied and will include new machines/equipment, building works, pipe work and electrical installations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Health, Safety and Environmental activities across all of the capital investment projects on site.
- Manage CDM 2015 activities and act as the principal designer and contractor on behalf of the company. This will include preparing pre-construction info, risk registers, H&S design reviews and supporting construction phase plan preparation.
- Review RAMS in a timely manner before work commences
- The candidate will conduct onsite audits to ensure contractors are in compliance with H&S law and their approved RAMS.
- Work with the site EHS Manager to ensure projects are handed over suitably.
- Comply with all corporate policies and external regulations
- Support EHS project planning from design through to construction and commissioning.
- Induct and supervise contractors (with project engineering in parallel)
- Provide technical EHS leadership to the project team
- Be flexible in your approach and working hours (supervising contractors on occasions at weekends in lieu of project management support will be required).
- Drive improvements to our contractor management and PTW documentation
Who we are looking for:
An experience EHS professional that can lead and mature the 2015 CDM management within the site. Someone that can develop cultural change for EHS compliance and be very much a team player. This is by no means a consultation role; we need someone with a hands-on approach.
- CDM principal designer training
- NEBOSH NGC & construction certificate mandatory, Diploma preferred
- Environmental qualifications, IEMA or NEBOSH
- For contractor management a recognised training course such as ‘Site Management Safety Training’ CITB (SMSTS) or similar
- Holds fire safety accreditation preferred
- In depth knowledge of machinery regulations
- Strong knowledge in EHS management within the construction industry
- Environmental understanding regarding permitting requirements, planning and waste legislation but not limited too.
- Ideally from an engineering background (i.e. construction / mechanical / structural)
- Familiar with manufacturing environments (pharma / FMCG)