Job DescriptionOur client, a global leader in tailings consultancy and specialising in life-of-mine tailings management and are eagerly seeking an experienced Principal Tailings Engineer to join their ever senior team. This role will be based in the Perth CBD with state-of-the-art facilities available on premises.
- To provide technical leadership and expertise in the specialist area of Tailings Engineering
- To plan, program and coordinate the specific projects with the EM to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Working very closely with the sector lead to develop and identify business opportunities for the company and build a strong pipeline of future works
- To prepare expression of interests, proposals & relevant tender documentation
- To understand the current market and future business opportunities through monitoring of market trends and identifying major clients
- To undertake risk assessments including quantitative and qualitative assessments, event trees, fault trees and consequence assessment for individual dams in accordance with ANCOLD guidelines
Experience and Qualifications:
- 15 years of experience in the design and construction of tailings storage facilities, waste rock dumps and water dams from concept to closure.
- A strong and demonstrable focus on client management and client networks.
- Experience in various technical and management including experience with tailings management and geotechnical design roles
- Talent in building and managing robust, dynamic and creative teams.
- Mature and diverse understanding and knowledge of geotechnics.
- Planning and coordination of activities and personnel to deliver the stated results
- Deep knowledge in tailings and dams