Job DescriptionTechnical Safety Engineer
A leading operating company based in Oman is currently looking for 2 Technical Safety Engineers to be based In Muscat, Oman. The role will report to the Technical Safety Lead.
Provide Technical Safety Engineering support, advice and assurance to management/ assets/ projects, to ensure compliance with Client fire & safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Produce Provide advice and guidance on the appropriate risk mitigation measures required for operational and integrity related Technical/Process Safety issues.
- Provide guidance, development and lateral learning to other Technical Safety Engineer. Especially support and mentor young graduate Omani engineer in Technical Safety engineering.
- Work with specialist Technical Safety Engineering Contractors, including work planning and prioritization, Quality Assurance, and budgetary control.
- Participate in Reviews and Audits in order to facilitate lateral learning and ensure gaps in the systems are addressed.
- Developing HSE Cases and supporting Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment studies on behalf of the Operations or Project Manager.
- Ensuring that own Technical Safety Engineering discipline engineering design work is delivered successfully, and appropriate reviews are conducted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 8 to 10 years experience working in similar role in Safety or Process Safety engineer for oil and gas facilitates
- Skilled in Physical Effects Modelling and Quantitative Risk Assessment, experience with Shell FRED and SHEPHERD software is preferred.
- Proven ability to prepare, lead and facilitate Technical Safety Engineering workshops, such as HAZID, Bow-Ties, ALARP, SIMOPs, and Facility Layout and Siting. Knowledge of HAZOP and SIL classification.
- Able to develop ALARP demonstrations for Technical/Process Safety risks and developing HSE Cases.
- Experience working with Shell Standards would be an advantage
- Previous exposure with Sour gas also proffered
- Working for a leading client in Oman
- 12 month renewable contract
- Lucrative monthly salary on offer to include Flight, Medical insurance and initial hotel accomadation
- Single status Package – candidate must be prepared to cover cost of bringing family if they choose to bring them