Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our client is currently seeking a Risk Based Engineer for a contract role in Lloydminster. The individual must be local to the area or be willing to find accommodations.
This position supports the development, implementation and sustainment of the Risk Based Integrity Management (RBIM) Program for pressure equipment, piping, storage tanks and fired heaters. This includes providing technical support and coordination to all parties involved in the program as well as developing and implementing processes and procedures.
- Support the implementation and sustainment of the RBIM Program for prioritizing maintenance and inspection activities that meets or exceeds provincial and federal regulatory requirements
- Coordinate operations, maintenance, engineering and inspection personnel to optimize existing asset reliability by providing technical and RBIM program support through training and process development
- Support RBIM Program sustainment activities including risk assessments and inspection planning
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the RBIM Program, procedures and processes
- Participate in industry networks to ensure industry recommended integrity and reliability practices are explored and considered for adoption in the RBIM Program.
- Materials, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Technologist
- Professional Status (P.Eng or Professional Licensee)
- Minimum of 5 years working in the field of Risk Based Integrity Management in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry. Experience includes:
o Operating experience
o Experience with integrity software tools
o Inspection/reliability, risk assessments and risk-based inspections, condition assessment, root cause analysis, failure investigation, corrosion control and mitigation, and fitness of service assessments for pressure equipment, piping and tanks.
- Willing to relocate to Lloydminster.
- Working knowledge of API Recommended Practice API 510, API 570, API 571, API 580, API 581, API 650, API 653, and API 579.
- Working knowledge of ABSA documents AB-505 and AB-506
Nice to haves:
- Project Management Professional designation
- Minimum of 5 years working in the field of fitness of service assessments for pressure equipment, piping and tanks.
- Knowledge of materials of construction, selection, limitation, use and welding problems associated with different materials.
- Thorough knowledge of Risk based inspection tools, Lloyd’s Register Capstone – RBMI software
Detailed Scope of Work:
RBIM Implementation Project Activities:
- Develop plans for RBIM project implementation, including identifying gaps
- Support planning activities, provide guidance to RBIM data gathering exercise including validation of required documentations, review of systemized PFDs and circuitized P&IDs.
- Coordinate and/or support the corrosion study exercise, review and validate existing corrosion study documents. Able to conduct corrosion study meetings and work with the team to identify likely and credible damage mechanisms applicable to the operating units.