Job DescriptionJob Oppurtunity:
Electrical Technician for an Oil & Gas company in Oman.
Job Responsbility: To maintain the technical integrity and sustained operations of all electrical equipments and systems. This includes conducting planned and corrective maintenance activities and these are operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- HND/HNC /ONC/OND or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline and a range of between 8 to 10years field experience.
- A good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices, especially in Sour Oil/ Sour Gas/ CLAUS SRU.
- Knowledge of computer skills, valid driving license, good communication and organizational skills.
- Fully conversant with Electrical safety rules
- Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player.
- Proven safety experience/training regarding sour oil and gas operations, familiar with PTW, confined space, lock open/lock close valves, operating integrity, H2S, personal protective equipment, etc.
- Physically able to climb stairs, operate valves, pumps, and compressor and perform maintenance work under air supplied breathing equipment.
- Execute preventive and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with maintenance schedule / plan.
- Troubleshoot abnormalities arising in the plant and oilfield equipment.
- Execute all assigned work tasks in line with agreed plant operating philosophies, and in line with current Maintenance Craft Procedures and work practices.
- Provide input into the 90-day and 14-day planning cycles.
- Interface with other maintenance/service department staff to coordinate breakdown or routine maintenance work on facilities and plants.
- Certified Permit to Work applicant and comply with the HSE rules and PTW systems before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, advice co-workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report HSE incidents, actively participate in HSE meetings and tool box talks.
- Certified process isolation, venting and depressurizing of process equipment, and carrying out such activities.
- Give guidance to Assistant or Trainee technicians in the team and aid with their development.