Job DescriptionMy client in Oil & Gas sector is looking for a Production Operator Specialist ( 4 Nos) to be based in Oman.
Purpose of the Job
To operate the daily total integrated Production system and ensuring that production targets are realized and operating facilities are operated within their operating envelop. This include assuming the role he/she is authorised to mobilise area fire and medical emergency services and authorized to remotely shutdown equipment and stations if emergency situation demands.
- HND/HNC/ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline and a minimum of 15 years field experience
- Skill of Oil/Gas production operations systems (minimum of L3 competency license)
- At least 10 years relevant experience in E&P especially in Sour Oil/Sour Gas/Steam Generation facilities
- Good knowledge of relevant E&P operations, procedures and practices
- Knowlegeable of HSE and process safety requirements
- Possesses valid driving license and organizing and team skills
- Skilled in computer aided operations, maintenance and communcation systems (DCS, SAP and office)
- Good oral and written Technical English capability (communication skills)
Job Rotation: 28/28 days (Expats), 15/13 (Omanis)
- Responsible for starting up and shutting down plant operations under normal conditions as well as under emergency conditions.
- Troubleshoots and diagnose process upsets in process units, systems, equipment
- Responsible for detailed and very comprehensive reports on all operations and existing conditions.
- Responsible for reporting abnormal and unusual conditions that develop during the daily work schedule with recommendations for new approaches.
- Responsible for the overseeing and daily integrity of all operational equipment for the safety of all employees and neighboring communities where and when they apply.
- Responsible for the assessment and the initiative during an emergency that a contingency plan is always ready to put into place.
- Reports equipment malfunctions directly to the Production Supervisor
- Maintains safety and efficiency of central control room equipment and associated logs.
- Collects and presents data regarding equipment functionality.
- Implements shut down, isolation, depressurizing and cleaning procedures as required for maintenance and equipment repairs.
- Delivers on-spec hydrocarbon exports, ensuring adherence to safety regulations and production plans.
- Conducts hands-on training and competence assessments on new CCR operators according to CA&A system
- Develop and update Competence Assessment Plan for new control room operators and execute the same
- Accountable for ensuring implementation and adherence to the requirements of the HSE Management System, tools and procedures
- Ensure Critical Tasks related to Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management (AI-PSM) are undertaken and executed according to their criticality level