Job DescriptionProcess Engineer
I am currently working with a global Chemical Manufacturing company who are looking to recruit a Chartered Process Engineer.
You will be working on a variety of upgrades & modifications to existing process plants, previous experience in a plant start up / modification environment is needed.
The position is an initial 6month contract and the client are looking for candidates to start as soon as possible.
Scope of duties include:
- Ensure work satisfies the requirements of company and national regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the development and design data for capital projects.
- Plan, control and carry out development and design work and process and equipment trials in order to meet business targets.
- Participate in commissioning of new or modified plants, taking part in technical start-up teams, to ensure that design intent is met and production is established safely and effectively.
- Manage activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements, e.g. SI’s, HSE policy and standards, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA) etc
- Practical knowledge of Process Technology Skills.
- Ability to judge when and who to communicate key information.
- Ability to analyse complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions.
- Ability to break down problems, analyse data and produce solutions
- Generating original and imaginative ideas and solutions to problems
- Accommodating the interests and concerns of others in effective working
- Building persuasive arguments based on data and logical thinking
- Focusing attention on the achievement of desired results
- Gathering information critical to effective problem solving
- Knowledge of relevant COMAH legislation
Chartered Status (Essential)
BSc or MSc in Chemical Engineering.