Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Lead Structural Engineer shall provide technical leadership and guidance to all staff engaged on the project. The lead engineer is accountable for technical integrity of Civil and Structural engineering activities, Reviewing and maintaining deliverables (including, but not limited to Drawings, Calculations, Datasheets, Technical specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical bid evaluations, Schedules, MTO’s, Work volumes) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Engineering Manager.
The responsibilities of the Lead Structural Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Plan and Implement the Civil and Structural Engineering activities on projects and tenders under the direction of Engineering Manager.
- Lead, coordinate and manage the discipline group. Ensure the safe, effective and successful implementation and delivery of engineering projects.
- To mentor, coach and train staff in work processes and values to have consistency across projects.
- Preparation of Deliverable list & Schedule, Man-hour estimate and Progress report
- Plan and identify resource requirements in consultation with Engineering Manager.
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of Civil and Structural engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements.
- Participate in engineering assignments such as assisting with the development of specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs
- Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Engineering Manager/Project manager.
- Reviewing engineering calculations and reports prepared in Staad Pro.
- Review structural designs that is most suitable for the intended purpose and that suits to the functional requirement of other disciplines and meet customer needs.
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients.
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients
- Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to discuss technical, procedural and operational issues and work practices, and to formulate areas for improvement along with possible solutions.
- Standardization of Design Procedures, Check list and Guidelines.
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector in analysis, design and detailing of steel and RCC structures
- Well versed in the use of software like Staad Pro, Navisworks
- Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards (AISC, ASTM, API, BS etc…)
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Should be able to work on fast track projects and deliver as per project schedule.
- Proficient in handling the project operations entailing planning, resource utilization, quality management & manpower management.
- Complete understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Strong work ethic and proactive drive to deliver projects within schedule
- Ensure deliverables meet strict quality standards
- Maintaining the highest levels of Health and Safety
- Minimum of 15-20 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Job Location Chennai- India