Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently a Construction Manager for a 1 year contract in Onion Lake, AB with Travel to various different site. LOA and Km rate provided.
The Construction Manager is responsible for site Quality by actively promoting Quality excellence and expectation to exceed the project requirements. Those responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Adhere the Husky Quality Assurance Plan;
- Ensure all QA/QC plans are approved and in place prior to field execution;
- Audit the implementation of the contractor Quality Management System and Quality Control Plan;
- Audit the field implementation of documented processes, standards and procedures.
- Formal AER and MER notification of pipeline construction and hydrotests;
- Witness Hydro-testing and sign-off clearance in accordance with technical requirements;
- Ensure and document that correct material is being installed as per engineering requirements;
- Ensure inspections are implemented in accordance with project requirements;
- Conduct periodic field assessments on all disciplines to ensure compliance with procedures and technical standards;
- Participate in construction walkdowns and assist in the creation of punch list;
- Facilitate TCCC with C&SU;
- Ensure that the NCR/PAR/CAR (quality management database) is implemented for all activities;
- Ensure that progress Turn-Over is initiated and completed successfully.
Must Have Qualifications
- Oil and gas or relevant Owner role experience
- Oil and Gas Operations, SAGD projects, pipeline construction, engineering
- 10 years Supervisory experience in heavy industrial oil & gas construction project management
- Managed a direct team of more than 12 individuals and multi-disciplined contractors
- General knowledge of common codes and standards (B33.1/CSA Z662/ABSA)
- Industry Specific safety training (H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance, CSTS etc.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma ( minimum 2 year program)
- Relevant designations (CWB, API, CMAA, PMP, etc.)
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel. Power Point
- Strong communication skills with capabilities to develop construction project documents
- Available to work shift rotations of 6&1 schedule (12 hour days)
Nice to have Qualifications
P.Eng / ACET Designation