Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARY:
Structural Engineer is accountable for producing and maintaining structural deliverables (including, but not limited to Calculations, Datasheets, Technical specifications, Material Requisitions, Technical bid evaluations, Schedules, MTO’s, Work volumes) in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Lead Structural Engineer/ Engineering Manager. It is important to have significant experience working on onshore oil and gas projects and work independently on Staad Pro calculations.
The responsibilities of the Structural Engineer shall include, but are not limited to, those contained in the following statements:
- Assist in the Civil and Structural Engineering activities on projects, tenders under the direction of Lead Engineer
- Lead, coordinate, mentor and manage discipline teams on smaller projects when needed.
- Ensure safe, effective and successful implementation of Civil and Structural engineering activities within budget and schedule requirements.
- Participate in engineering assignments such as assisting with the development of specifications, datasheets, calculations, drawings, material take-offs
- Prepare Material requisition, Technical bid evaluations and review vendor drawings
- Getting the required inputs from respective disciplines for designing the structures and also managing the weight control during various stages of project.
- Preparing engineering calculations using Staad Pro, excel spread sheets and compiling the calculation report.
- Giving the inputs to designers for them to prepare the drawing. To lead the designer team and taking ownership of the job given.
- Preparing a design that is most suitable for the intended purpose and that suits to the functional requirement of other disciplines and meet customer needs.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
- Take part in 3D Model reviews, Construction reviews, Design reviews
- Review materials take-offs and bill of materials. Ensure that the quantities are within budget and any changes are documented with approval from Lead Engineer/ Engineering Manager/Project manager.
- Bring to the attention of the necessary parties, any problems, assistance or matters that may affect quality, deadlines or costs.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with all Leads, Managers and clients.
- Interface with Subcontractors, Suppliers and Vendors for completion of engineering activities
- Adhere to the HSE requirements stipulated by Company/Clients
- Visit yard during construction and understand improvements needed in design
- Maintain Quality documentation and report any non-compliances for process improvement.
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested. The list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may change at any time.
- Degree in Civil engineering from an accredited university or equivalent
- Experience in similar position working for EPC Projects in Oil & Gas sector in analysis, design and detailing of steel and RCC structures
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of software like Staad Pro, Navisworks
- Must have good working knowledge of codes and standards (AISC, ASTM, API, BS etc…)
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability and maintainability requirements
- Verbal and written communication using English is compulsory
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Should be able to work on fast track projects and deliver as per project schedule.
- Strong work ethic and proactive drive to deliver projects within schedule
- Ensure deliverables meet strict quality standards
- Maintaining the highest levels of Health and Safety
Minimum of 10-15 years of work experience in the Oil & Gas industry with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Job Location Chennai
- Indian Nationality