Job DescriptionMaterials and Welding Engineer.
The Materials and Welding Engineer will support Global Subsea Systems delivery of subsea hardware.
Duties will include:
- Work under the supervision of GSS Materials and Welding Team Leader.
- Materials and welding reviews of supplier documents
- Provide fabrication site welding audits and spot-checks as required during fabrication activities.
- Review pWPS, WPS and PQR documentation packages
- Working with GSS Materials and Welding Engineers, ensure compliance with welding ETPs and GSS specifications.
- Under the guidance of GSS welding engineers, participate in risk assessments and prepare justification packages to support deviation requests to ETPs and International Welding Standards.
- Resolution of site queries and deviations associated with fabrication activities
- Have minimum 10 years experience in welding engineering, including production experience
- Detailed understanding of commonly applied NDE techniques and the relevant welding NDE codes and standards (e.g. ASME BPV Code)
- Chartered engineer or PE with Bachelor’s degree or above, in metallurgy or welding engineering
- Demonstrate ability to influence based on technical understanding and justification
- A strong personal commitment to HSSE and a proven track record in working with contractors
- Demonstrated abilities in working with a multi-discipline teams, and major contractors.
- Strong organizational/planning skills.
- Good communications skills to work in a geographically dispersed team.