Job DescriptionSenior Scientist – Protein Mass Spectrometry – Oxford – Permanent
Development of a therapeutic to combat life threatening diseases is what many scientists aspire to achieve. My client, a global blue chip pharmaceutical company presents an opportunity to do so, seeking the expertise of a Senior Scientist – Protein Mass Spectrometry to evaluate small and large molecule interactions. This role requires a broad background in biophysics and experience using mass spectrometry on a diverse range of proteins, to identify small molecule-protein and protein-protein interactions.
Senior Scientist – Protein Mass Spectrometry Key Responsibilities:
- Hands-on mass spectrometry scientific experimental wotrk to support drug discovery of challenging protein targets.
- Develop native MS methods to explore PPI and small molecule-protein interactions, using design of experiment and method development skills.
- Contribute to the development of novel mass spectrometry technology in the Structural Biology and Biophysics team.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced matrix environment and serve as a representative on cross-site or external collaborations.
- Communicate findings with the collaborative team in group meetings and presentations to key stakeholders.
- Ph.D. or equivalent industry experience, previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry working on small-molecule drug discovery is a plus.
- Outstanding communication and team working skills.
- ’Hands-on’ mass-spectrometry experience using a range of different equipment with a variety of proteins. Familiarity with Native- MS and HDX-MS with membrane proteins is desirable.
- Confident developing molecule specific mass spectrometry methods and evaluating new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and solve tough problems across a number of projects.