Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a 3rd Class Power Engineer near Cold Lake, AB for a short term contract. Candidates must be local to the surrounding area or willing to find accommodations.
Reporting to the Shift Team Lead, the Operator will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant process equipment within a scope of responsibility to meet the business needs of the facility. This includes interacting with and supporting the Maintenance, Technical, and Health, Safety and Environmental Departments within the facility. The successful incumbent will be required to work shift work on a day/night shift rotation in a plant environment, including weekends, holidays and other shift coverages as required.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Operate equipment within established parameters and procedures.
- Responsible for unit operations and equipment requirements, including Shift Turnover, Start of Shift Orientation, Electronic Logs and Defined Rounds.
- Assist with Operations planning by preparing and applying unit area related LOTO’s for upcoming work activities.
- Issue and management of safe work permitting.
- Environmental stewardship.
- Ensure clear and well-defined communication between the unit operator and all team members.
- Ensure optimum operations of the plant to meet established targets.
- Recognize and manage abnormal situations by initiating a controlled hierarchy of Stabilize/Slowdown/Shutdown.
- Safe and efficient operation of oil treatment process, de-oiling process, water treatment processes, steam generation, SAGD oil wells, steam injection wells.
- Monitor and troubleshoot process conditions.
- Contribute to and reinforce a proactive and progressive culture that aligns with corporate values.
- Engage in steam and process plant operating activities ensuring they are carried out in a planned, efficient, safe, and responsible manner in compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- 3rd Class ABSA Power Engineering Certificate;
- 5-10 years SAGD operating experience, and strong understanding of it processes:
- Conventional boilers.
- High PH evaporators and water treating.
- Oil treating process.
- De-oiling process.
- Sub-surface SAGD process.
- An understanding of packaged steam boilers, evaporators and utilities systems (glycol heaters and air compressors) reverse osmosis systems, oil treating and de-oiling processes;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, utilizing strong communication and organizational skills;
- Team player with strong leadership, mentorship and communication skills;
- Understanding of regulatory requirements; (OH&S, Safety Codes Act, etc.)
- Self –motivated, open-minded and results oriented;
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, and strong decision making skills;
- Demonstrated investigative and data analysis ability;
- Strong analytical skills, capable of resolving problems independently;
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license (a driver’s abstract is required);
- Proficient with computers including Word, Excel and Outlook.