Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are partnering with leading company in the Renewable Energy sector. And as such we are now seeking an experienced Site Accountant for a new Solar Farm project based in Western Downs region QLD
Working on a Monday to Friday roster, this is a residential position offered on a 12 month contract basis.
Please note, this is not a FIFO or DIDO role, nor is there a relocation package on offer.
Therefore the ideal candidate will currently be residing in the Western Downs region QLD, or be willing to relocate themselves there.
Support the Cost Controller with the preparation of sales and cash flow reports, administering delivery notes and time sheets, keeping balance sheets, carrying out billing activities, managing budgets and keeping inventory. The accountant may also be responsible for filing taxes for the company, as well as reviewing past reports to generate income forecasts.
The accountant should be able to create accurate, detailed reports to illustrate data to be presented to management. The accountant may oversee the financial transactions of all the suppliers and subcontractors in the project.
- Prepare and post entries to the general ledger and manage the monthly close process.
- Prepare and implement audit schedules and process re-engineering to reduce financial errors.
- Reconcile balance sheets, accounts, and invoices.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports with variance explanations.
- Good ability to work under pressure
- A bachelor's degree in accounting is required for this position.
- Previous accounting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Excel is needed.
- Many of the accountant's tasks are performed independently so it is essential to be self-motivated; however, collaboration is necessary, and the accountant must be able to work as part of a team
- Competitive annual salary
- 12 month contract
- Interesting renewable project
- Beautiful regional location
- Potential for another 12 month contract