Location: Downtown Houston
Duration: February 2018- January 2019
The main function of an administrative assistant/executive assistant is to provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, handling information requests and performing clerical functions. A typical administrative assistant acts as information and communication managers for an office.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and emails.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routing inquiries.
- Meeting deadlines
- Verbal and written communication skills, multitasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep information organized and confidential.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Support expatriate administration group
- Ensure group inbox is up-to-date with routine monitoring
- Log all incoming emails
- Send invitations to expatriates within specified timeframe
- Communicate with expatriate to schedule appropriate orientation
- Inform Intercultural Specialist of all scheduled orientations
- Provide back-up support for scheduling resources
- Ensure proper supply chain management for Intercultural orientation and workshop materials
- resource books and maps is current and organized
- Ensure materials are available on time for orientations in Houston and San Ramon and for virtual orientations
- Submit expense reports and invoices for processing
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-4 years’ experience required.