Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base . Our client, a well-known infrastructure consulting company, is currently seeking someone in their design team in Cambridge, ON. The qualified candidate MUST be local or have accommodations in Location area as no LOA will be given. This is a 6-12 month contract role with expectation to move permanent.
Position Overview: Leads detailed design activities in the architectural and structural disciplines on Innova’s industrial building projects. Responsible for undertaking project design modeling, preparation of drawings, material quantities and requisitions and coordination of all design details and technical clarifications with project engineers and managers. Provides support to Sales for design proposal drawings as required.
Structure: The position requires mentorship of new entry-level designers/technologists, as directed by the Manager.
• Comply with all company policies and conduct business in line with the company objectives, while working on time, on budget and within quality standards.
• Prepare design CAD models of architectural and structural scopes of work, and incorporate the modelling work by other disciplines, typically mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP).
• Prepare and peer-review architectural/general arrangement drawings, material quantities and requisitions, material/equipment specifications.
• Review and comprehend all Customer and Vendor project drawings, engineering reports and specifications, highlighting critical aspects to other team members as appropriate.
• Stay current on all aspects of the detail design software, specifically AutoDesk Revit and its associated programs.
• Coordinate design issues with project team members, preparing RFI’s as required.
• Proactively seek out project scheduling information for design activities the position is responsible for, clarifying deliverable requirements with the project manager as required.
• Support project managers by liaising directly with Customers and Suppliers when technical design issues.
• Coordinate all design work with other disciplines and other project team members, setting up and leading meetings as required to resolve design issues.
• Travel to the project construction site to resolve design issues in the field as required. • Undertake safety and design knowledge training on an ongoing basis, as directed by the Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post-Secondary technical diploma in architectural or structural.
- Good knowledge of REVIT.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar design role, ideally involving industrial building applications, e.g., pre-engineered metal buildings.
- Thorough understanding of 3D design modeling and design drafting software implementation and application, preferably with Autodesk products.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with Customers and Suppliers.
- Effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork skills are essential. Self-starter, strong attention to detail, highly motivated and able to motivate others. Strong organizational skills. Good time management and composed under stress. Proficient in the use of office software (spreadsheets, word processing, email etc.).