The Backend Engineer will be responsible for designing, building and implementing applications, my client is cloud hosted, so you’ll be hands on with Terraform and AWS.
As a team they work closely together in order to deliver the client’s products product. As well as hands-on Development, the Backend Engineer will be working with the Front-End Developers, business teams who connect my client with their customers and external vendors. A strong ability to communicate with collaborative teams is therefore required, alongside strong problem solving skills.
My client is focused on delivering business value by practicing Agile development principles – CI/CD, rapid feedback from customers and analytics, valuing failures for learning opportunities they bring, and transparency in decision-making.
This is a ground floor opportunity to design and build a brand new application and technology stack.
Backend Engineer Skill Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant senior roles
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science / Data Analytics / Engineering / Statistics) or relevant experience.
- Terraform / AWS
- Experience working with databases (postgres).
- Proven experience developing and operating cloud native applications at scale
- Experience working in a Lean, test driven development environment
- Ability to own operational responsibilities for in house technology and purchased solutions
- Nice to have experience developing applications in a complex regulatory environment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the Dublin