Job DescriptionLeading manufacturer of heat transfer systems is looking for a sales oriented Business manager to assume responsibility for managing a new factory unit alongside their workshop in West London.
Extending the workshop supports the company’s growth strategy and provides national cover, complimenting their two other established UK workshops. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to develop the heat exchange business in Southern England and manage a small workshop, initially with 1-2 staff.
The successful candidate will be an extremely capable professional overseeing all aspects of heat exchange business development, enquiry & costing/processing, subcontract interaction, order receipt, to delivery of product/ service ensuring the company provide a service that exceeds customer’s requirements and expectations. There will be a requirement to recruit and arrange training of workshop staff.
The Business Manager will be based at their workshop and offices in West London which has a small yet cohesive and experienced team, key responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the delivery of commercial sales strategy and forecasts
- Meeting with clients technical department to identify commercial opportunities, present products and provide technical support
- Researching, monitoring and reporting market information and intelligence to Senior Management on potential opportunities
- Take responsibility for account and contract management, customer relationships and customer engagement activities
- Co-ordinating the development of methodology, quality standards, costings and the responses to customer enquiries
- Overseeing the manufacturing and service activities to ensure that contract milestones are being met in an effective manner.
To be considered for this challenging, varied role you will need to be able to demonstrate;
- A strong technical background and understanding of engineering principles
- Demonstrable sales experience, preferably gained from within relevant industrial sectors e.g. Rail, Marine, Power Generation
- Understanding of fabrication processes, methods and modern manufacturing techniques
- Proven experience of developing business through proactive account management.
Above all we are looking for a strong influencer with the ability to develop networks with Customers, Suppliers and across the company at all levels, someone with a collaborative approach to sharing knowledge, best practice and market intelligence. If you are an enthusiastic, dynamic, results-orientated self-starter with a positive ‘can do’ attitude we’d like to hear from you.
This key role provides the opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing business. If you’d like to find out more please get in touch as instructed below.