Job DescriptionBuyer – Automotive – East Midlands A prestigious Global automotive brand is looking to increase its skill set by employing a Buyer at their Head Office. To be the right person for this role you will be experienced in procurement/ purchasing/ buying and have strong communication skills, excellent negotiation skills and be able to develop and maintain supplier relationships.
- You will have full responsibility for procurement/ supply chain key suppliers.
- You will develop and maintain strong supplier relationships
- You will develop and maintain commodity strategies
- Identify supplier risks
- Evaluate cost data and establish cost saving opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills – you must be able to liaise confidently with both colleagues and suppliers.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Willingness to travel worldwide
- Strong verbal, written and numerical skills
- Tenacious – you must have the desire to work hard.
- Relevant degree e.g. supply chain, procurement, engineering
- Experienced buyers but also less experienced, enthusiastic individuals are encouraged to apply
- Experience in a manufacturing/ production/ assembly/ automotive environment.
Location – Leicestershire