Location: Dublin & International Projects
Salary: €Neg Dependent on Experience
Our client is a leading global engineering consultancy. They focus on the delivery of large scale, capital infrastructure projects and are looking to add an experienced Control & Instrumentation Engineer to their team.
The Project Engineer will work within a team of engineers delivering services to support and International clients in delivering power plant projects on existing generating stations and development of new generating stations.
- Provision and management of design engineering services including undertaking design studies, feasibility studies and fault investigations
- Manage C&I projects from inception, specification, design review, procurement, installation, commissioning and handover to client
- Specification writing for procurement and refurbishment of equipment
- Equipment procurement and selection
- Technical design review of contractor’s designs during execution phase of projects.
- Factory inspection & site installation supervision (including contractor management)
- Commissioning of control systems
- Monitoring environmental, health and safety, and QA compliance
- Administer Work Permits, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other associated documentation when in a site supervision role.
- Regular progress reporting, including supporting site Safety and Quality audits, and Factory Inspection Tests as required.
- Communicating and reporting to client on product contract requirements, scope and testing/supply progress
- Keep abreast of developments in technology, standards and service providers in the market
- Contribute to review and upkeep of internal documentation e.g. C&I specifications.
- Preparation of instrument calibration tender as required for specific plant
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the formerly specified industry
- The candidate will possess competence in the area of design, commissioning, operation or maintenance of control and instrumentation systems in generating stations or heavy industry process plant.
- Experience in one or more of the following C&I systems: DCS, PLCs, HMI, Plant Controllers, Safety Systems, Industrial Communications Networks, Cyber Security, and field instrumentation
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure as relevant to Industrial Control Systems and the interfaces with other plant systems, third party systems or corporate networks.
- Ability to work and share knowledge and competencies within a team structure
- Full clean driving license and flexibility to travel nationally and internationally
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment Standards and procedures, including writing and working to Method Statement & Risk Assessment
- Strong time management and work prioritisation skills
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- The candidate will hold a primary engineering degree in a relevant discipline
- Self-motivated individual
- A primary engineering degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience is essential.
- Chartered Engineering status with a recognised engineering institution or demonstrable evidence of progress towards same is preferred.